Monday, February 21, 2011

25: The Castle

 On Tuesday we took off to the coast. Joel, Joel-Ryan, and I. To be honest I was a little scared but I have decided to give Joel one last chance, and he is really trying. Those emotions that I felt when we were fell in love are all coming back. I feel giddy when he holds my hand, I blush when he says 'I love you'. I think this trip is just what we needed.
 


























Joel-Ryan got to stay at his first hotel room. Sadly it wasn't anything fancy just a simple Motel 6. We were only stay one night and heck there is nothing wrong with a Motel 6. Especially if your in the right location haha. I've been to some funky Motel 6s in my times.

As soon as we got there Joel and Joel-Ryan took over the bed for a game of peek-a-boo. Excuse the nakedness, but once he saw sheets he just wanted to play.

He is really big into sheets right now. We actually spend 30 minutes during the day laying in bed just because Joel-Ryan wants to play with sheets. He gets so excited he starts to kick like mad till all the sheets are off of him. Then he eagerly waits for you to put them back on, and the second you do they are right back off.  So if you are ever over to visit and want to hear our little guy laugh you know the first thing to reach for.


We woke up the next morning and headed off to San Simeon. It was such a windy day, as you can tell by my wonderful hairstyle. When we arrived we had to wait about an hour till our tour started. So we walked all around. We ended up out side looking at the trees, birds, and squirrels which Joel-Ryan really didn't enjoy. He was so pissed off at the wind.








































Neptune's pool. How freakin' awesome would it be if this was your pool? I can imagine sitting in the living room with guests on a warm summer day. "Hey lets go for a swim next to some ancient ruins." What a way to live.















Remember that living room I talked about? Well, this is it! It was called something else, I think the viewing room or visiting room. I don't remember. But either way it was great. This is probably about a fourth of it.

Then no more then ten minutes after this picture was taken...







































He passed out.

He made it half way through the tour and slept the rest. This trip was so much fun. I cannot wait for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment