Monday, November 22, 2010

3: My Bucket List

I've been thinking lately that there are many things I would like to do before I kick the bucket one day. And the number one on that list is enjoy watching my children grow, well as of right now its just my son. But I want to be there for ever skinned knee, for every bow for every school play they are in, for every touchdown, basket, or backhand spring they make. I want to cheer louder then any other parent in the crowd, even if my child covers their face in embarrassment. I want to be there through all the good, and all the bad. And mainly I want them to know that no matter how old they are I will always be there to hold them, hug them, and cherish them.

So this list is for them, for many of the items involve little hands, and wonderful imaginations.

  1. Enjoy my children grow.
  2. Go camping every year until I'm to old to make it up the hill.
  3. Catch fireflys.
  4. Bake cookies, cakes, or cupcakes at least once a week.
  5. Invite friends or family over to enjoy said cupcakes, cookies, or cakes.
  6. Celebrate birthdays as if we were bringing in a new year.
  7. Write a song.
  8. Learn how to play the piano or guitar.
  9. Sit on the beach from sun up til sun down reading the same book.
  10. Take a road trip on Route 66.
  11. Restore a classic car, by myself.
  12. Hand make every single Christmas ornament for our tree.
  13. Learn how to snowboard.
  14. Go horseback riding.
  15. Take dance lessons.
  16. Learn how to knit and sew.
I know my list is short right now but it will grow with time. I also know there is more to add but I can't think of any more right now. Cause at this very moment I have a sleeping baby next to me and I'd rather enjoy him, even asleep, then continue thinking off all the things I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment