Wednesday, December 29, 2010

7: Can the next holiday hurry up already!!


I think I got bite by the baking bug. I want to go into the kitchen and make some cookies. And you know what shape I want to make them in? Bunnies, ducks, carrots, flowers, eggs...can you guess what holiday I can't wait for? Yup, Easter! I want to dye eggs and put them outside while I anticipate the Easter bunny hopping along and hiding them in my front yard.

I want to pack an Easter basket full of goodies, peeps, Cadsbury eggs, jelly-beans, a chocolate Easter bunny. All nestled on top of Easter basket grass. I can't wait to watch my little one toss the grass around till he finds every last candy filled egg. I can't wait to watch him stumble along holding grandma's hand as she helps him search for brightly colored eggs.

I know Christmas had just passed, but I just love the holidays and having a little makes the holidays even more fun. Knowing me I'd probably even make a big deal out of Valentine's Day, maybe even New Year's Day.

So tomorrow I shall head out to the local craft store and find cookie cutters, simple circular ones. Then off to the store to buy supplies to make the best sugar cookies, and I don't mean the ones that come in a box, or the ones you find in the freezer section. The type of cookies I plan to make are the ones where you have flour smeared across your apron, and oddly your forehead from pushing your bangs back with the back of your hand. You know the kind I'm talking about. The ones you bust out every measuring cup you have to make, the ones that require more then just eggs, oil, and butter. I'm a fan of those kind too, but I want to bake. I mean really bake. I've always dreamed of people coming over and asking "What smells so good?"

Now you know for sure my little man will be joining me in the kitchen. Yes, even at 3 months he helps me bake. He adds his little touches, just like when he helped decorate his daddy's birthday cake with his hand print on the side.


I found this picture online and thought, this is gonna be my future. Husband coming home from work, son coming inside from play, and mama happily baking away in the kitchen.











If you would like to know what recipe I used for my cookies, I will post it tomorrow along with some pictures. That is if I can borrow a vehicle to go up town seeing how my car has a busted water hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment