Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

On Saturday Ryan said his first word. I was completely shocked. Near the end of April he started with "ra" then it progressed to "da" but he never once said it to his dad. He would look at a ball and say "dadada", he would see his bottle and say "dadada". Never once did he associate the word with his father. But boy when he starting out using that M he would either be reaching for me or looking at me. It actually starting last Wednesday. We were at Target and he starting humming an M then stopped. I started to think I was hearing things.

Well when Saturday came around my mom, Ryan and I were in the spare bedroom cleaning. My mom got up to leave and I started to get up as well. Once I was standing Ryan noticed I was no longer sitting by him and started to crawl towards me. As he was crawling he turned around and as clear as day said, "Mama." I looked at my mom and asked her, "Did you hear that?" Sure enough he said it. His first word was "mama" and let me just say I am damn proud.

Since then all he does is look at me and yells "Mama!" And I'll be honest I smile every time.

********

Then Sunday came around. I am starting to realize that when something good happens in my life one man has to come along and ruin it.

Around 8 o'clock my sister-in-law left our house, a minute or so after she left she called to let us know that Joel was sitting outside our house. Like every Sunday Grandma was over and she really didn't want to leave with him out there so she waited. 8:30 we looked outside, yeah he was still there. 9 we looked again, now he was pacing in the drive way. 9:30 looked again, he was leaning against his car. All we know is he was there for an hour and a half. Who really knows how long he has been out there.

Later on that night I told Mom that he was really starting to freak me out. First he goes into our backyard to check through the patio door if Ryan and me are inside. Now he is sitting outside our home basically stalking us.

He asked Grandma to dinner.

Then on Monday he called and left a message asking if I wanted to join him. I had two words for him, "Yeah" and "Right". After his dinner with Grandma he decided to come by here to drop of a DVD that he could have left with Grandma to give to me, BUT no. He has to come over here to pester me some more.

I'm sure he hauled ass  home cause in no time at all he starts calling. Everyone let it go to voice mail. For crying out loud, it was past nine everyone was in bed and I was busy with Ryan. After getting the voice mail for the third time he decided to leave us, and by us I mean ALL of us; Mom, Pops, me, and probably even my brother, a message. The message basically stated that we were rude and he can't believe we are acting so childish by not wanting to answer his phone call, but have a nice day.

Only minutes ago Pops told him we were all going to bed. Does he not get this?

My parents are finally starting to see what I meant all this time by how he doesn't know how to listen.

I'll just be glad when this is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment