Wednesday, January 5, 2011

11: OH Mother Teether!!

I think I'm beginning the wonderful adventure of teething. Since New Year's Day little Joel shoves everything in his mouth. But the number one thing he loves putting in his mouth is my knuckle and when he does he gnaws away at it. He's also becoming one big ol' drooly mess, which doesn't bother me one bit. Then again his poor little lips and chin are all chapped.

Then it really hit the wall today, he's been so cranky! All he wants to do is lay in my arms and sleep. The second I put him down his eyes pop wide open and he screams. He screams so loud I think the people a few streets over can hear him. If I can't get him back to sleep I put my knuckle to his mouth and he calms down quickly.

I'm not sure if we are starting teething, but if we are I'm glad its happening cause this is one of the two things I can't wait to get over. Next one is potty training. Thankfully I've got about 2 years till then.

So if this is the adventure of teething wish me luck. Cause the way he has been acting I think I'm gonna have my hands full.


I know this sounds crazy but I've already been thinking about Joel's first birthday. What's gonna be the theme, how am I gonna decorate the cake, what is he gonna wear? And yes, I really do plan to decorate the cake. I spend hours online looking at birthday themes. Going back and forth from a Mickey party, space party, airplane party, etc. party. I've looked at it all. Right now I'm really liking the idea of a Space themed party, but that's mainly because the room he was in at the Madera hospital was space themed and I loved it!

One thing is certain though, I already know one gift I'm getting him. A book of his first year, that way when he gets older we can look at them and I can forever cherish the memories we share. I also plan to make these every year till either he tells me, "Mom, this is so embarrassing!" or when he turns 18.

So far here is the first two pages:































































I can't wait to finish them up but first I need to purchase a photo editing program.

So here's to the teething, first birthday pondering adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment