Wednesday, January 19, 2011

17: Shake, Rattle and Roll

Someone is trying to roll over!

Yesterday we spent a good deal of the day playing on the floor and tummy time. And I am sure that by the end of the month I am going to have a roller. He gets about three fourths of the way over then its either that darn leg or that darn arm that gets in the way.

Not sure which one is going to come first cause he is attempting both. For the longest time he hated tummy time. I do not know if it is because of his surgery from three months ago that still hurts or what but the second you put him on his tummy he would turn a bright red and scream bloody murder! Then I saw these tummy time mats on the Target website and thought this would work. But I did not want to spend the money so I got a round pillow, except I would not call it round its more like "I use to be round but now I am flat" kind of pillow, and put him on that. Seems to have done the trick cause now he loves tummy time.

Once I started noticing he was scooting down off the pillow I took it away and now I cannot get this kid to stop enjoying tummy time. The little guy even figured out that if he gets tired he can put his head down and rest for awhile instead of screaming.

Even on his back he is attempting it. He just needs to figure out to put his leg over instead of under and he will make it right over. I honestly cannot wait. It has been awhile since we hit a milestone, shoot, it has been over a month since he started laughing! So this is much needed for my "mama is so proud that he..." conversations.

WAIT!! I am proud of something! For the past three nights this little booger has slept for 8 plus hours. Last night he slept ten hours straight, yes, I said that right, TEN HOURS! Except I slept only five of those ten. I was too busy on the internet looking at stuff for his birthday.

I am so proud of that little monster.

My what big eyes you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment